Saturday, June 19, 2010

Banded @ last!!

Thursday was the big day. I didn't get nervous until I got to the hospital and walked up to the nurse's station to sign in. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a room. Once I walked into the room and had to put on the stylish gown the tears started to fall. The nurse had to wait a while to check my blood pressure!!!! I calmed down and was actually able to nap off and on.

I had to be at the hospital at 7AM!!! I wasn't taken back for surgery until after 2!!!!!! Needless to say it was a loooooong and stressful day for me, mom and Chris.

Finally, they wheeled me away to the holding area. When the anaesthesiologist came to introduce himself the waterworks began again!! All of the staff were super friendly and made me feel comfortable!! I want to say a special thank you to "Lady Gaga" for making me smile right before I went night night!! Before I knew it I was waking up in recovery.

I had a problem with my heart rate while in recovery but after what felt like forever I returned to my room. Once I got in my room all I had to do was pee, walk and eat a popsicle and I was on my way home!!!!

The ride home was a kind of a fog...but I made it =)

I am now on Day 4 of being banded and feeling much better. I have a little bit of discomfort but nothing that I can't handle. I have been sleeping in the recliner but I think I am ready for the bed tonight!!!

I am glad to have the hard part behind me and am ready to get on with the rest of this journey!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Glad you are doing great now and the journey is wonderful so enjoy every victory along the way!!

    ReplyDelete