Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I must confess...

I've never really followed a workout routine since being banded. I've walked, ran, did bleacher and Zumba but always in spurts.

It seems as though my body revolts at the idea of any kind of exercise in the winter. And then craves it when the weather warms up.

I must also confess that I haven't worked out at all since...September!! Sigh.

Yesterday, I decided to change all that!! I hit the gym at the student center after class. I did a quick 12 minute mile on the treadmill, 2 miles on the stationary bike and then had my first experience with an elliptical. Yowza! My coordination, not so great. I did last about 5 minutes on level 7...and I am happy to report that I was able to get out of bed without assistance today.

Actually, I'm not sore at all. Which is a disappointment. I love that next day sore feeling. It lets me know that I accomplished something!! I guess I will push myself a little farther tomorrow!!! I think I'm going to start out with 3 days a week and then step it up to 4...and in a few weeks add some weights to my routine.

Here we go!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the elliptical! Great on you for getting out there and doin' work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I am trying to do 3 days a week at the gym. I haven't been committed to working out as much as I want to be, but you gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete