Monday, October 4, 2010

I didn't sign up for this.

For the second time this school year I have found myself in the middle of high school drama. The first incident passed without much altercation, but this second incident has me going out of my mind.

So, long story short, I'm currently the "I'd hit that" teacher of the week apparently. It was said in front of the football team and went something like this, "Dude, if you think you can, hit it." Well, this really upsets me. I don't want to be that person. I am the TEACHER and old enough to be their MOTHER. (If I would have gotten pregnant at 12, and in this day and age that is a possibility.) Of course, MY student stood up for me and told his "buddy" that he was being inappropriate, but I still don't like it at all.

I don't know what I am going to do about it. I mean, I'm sure boys talk like that in the locker room all the time...but NOT about me. As a teacher, all I have is my reputation. Of course, all I have done is be the BUTT of this joke. But it is really bothering me.

And to think I'm going to "be in high school" for the rest of my career. *Sigh*

Good news...59 pounds down today!!! WOOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment