Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nerves

So, let's see. My nerves are shot. This has been, by far, the worst weekend of my life. I am your basic basketcase. Why??

It started Friday, after halftime of the football game. (The one that we lost.) My girls didn't want to go to the other side to mingle with the other cheerleaders. It all came down to a bit of a blowout. I had to discipline two of my girls. Then it went downhill. FAST. Mommas went to the superintendent and principal. I still don't know what was said. I just have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a bad bad day. I don't like to get into "trouble." And I don't like the not-knowing. Two long days to obssess. It's making me crazy.

I haven't even stepped on the scales in days. I'm just surviving at this point. Barely.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I do not like that pit in the stomach feeling ... hope all goes well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that for you. What a way to ruin a weekend. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling- the not knowing sticks. Sometimes you have to be tough to be a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm behind you in this one.. Young people need boundaries, and sometimes we need to choose between being the adult in the room over being their best friends. Shame on those parents for going over your head - and not doing much deserved discipline themselves... Double shame on them for choosing to act like adolescents themselves and NOT choosing to be the adult in the room.... What lessons are those girls learning here?

    Please keep us posted..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things aren't as bad as you're picturing. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! This sounds like they are being a little (as in a lot) over dramatic! thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope that principal backs you up because you were right to discipline those little divas! Too often parents swoop in when they should permit their kids to learn their lesson. They aren't doing them any favors.

    ReplyDelete