Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Catching Up

Have you ever felt like you are drowning? I am so insanely OCD about school I feel that if I'm not working on something school related at all times I am falling behind. I think it may be unhealthy!! But, since my Anatomy book is in the kitchen, I figured I would take a second to dump all the things floating around in my brain - bullet style!

  • College - here's a rundown of how classes are going
    • Child Psych
      • It seems to be a requirement for all psychology/sociology professors to be a little whacked out, and mine is no exception
      • We had 93 slides to cover for our first exam, but she is such a spazoid that we only covered 36
        • I think one reason I like her so much is her teaching style is a lot like mine. If something pops into her brain during lecture, she shares it. (Like watching a random Monty Python clip about a dead parrot)
      • I had to research female circumcision and write a short report
        • Being the ubernerd, I ended up with an entire page when most of my classmates wrote 4 sentences...
      • We had our first test Monday. I made a 94!!! The class average was 62. I had the highest grade out of 42 people. I'm kinda proud of myself!!
    • Nutrition
      • My professor is a year younger than me and pretty cool. The class is super laid back!
        • We had "snack day" on Friday. Class is at 12, but I'm still pretty tight then. I was able to refrain from PBing - even after me and my stupid self decided to try a pomegranate rice cake. Hello!! What's a rice cake made of?? RICE. I did try a couple of wasabi and soy sauce flavored almonds...super spicy, but pretty good!!!
    • Anatomy
      • Sigh. This class is going to be the death of me. SOOO much information.
    • Anatomy Lab
      • So, I rocked the quiz last week - 16 out of a possible 15 points!!
      • We had our first practical yesterday. Out of 50 "questions" I was a little iffy on 2 of them. I came home and looked up the answers and I'm pretty sure I got them both right. Plus we had 4 bonuses. So, maybe I made over 100!!
      • Lab is more anatomy and lecture is more physiology
        • the anatomy part is like learning a new language - which I'm totally good at!! Too bad you can't put that on a resume - languages spoken: English, Spanish, Anatomy
  • Life
    • We went to the lake this weekend. Super relaxing and super fun!!
      • We also went to the church Sanford's mom grew up in. She comes from a huge family. Her dad had 26 children!!! Not all from the same wife of course!! Sanford's MawMaw was the last wife and had 10 children.
        • When they have a family reunion they rent a STATE PARK!!!
        • This weekend we celebrated my mother-in-law's parents' birthdays. Her dad would have turned 124 yesterday. Crazy!!!
    • Our Marine came home yesterday!!!! He's been gone - deployed - for over a year!!
      • We all went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. Like real Mexican food, not Tex Mex. I enjoyed it, but I came home smelling like a fajita -ick.
  • Banded life
    • There's no question, I HAVE to start exercising. I've got to make time for it.
    • I ate really well over the weekend, then I came home, jumped on the scale and it told me I had gained 5 pounds. WTH???
    • I got on the scale Monday morning and managed to lose 7. I think my scale is on crack.
Ok, I've rambled on about nothing at all for long enough. Back to my Anatomy book.

Keep on keepin' on, ladies!!



4 comments:

  1. wow, sounds like you're doing awesome in school! And you're totally correct about psych profs. I took plenty of those (including human sexuality which is a story in and of itself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a teacher made you an uberstudent! Great job with your classes! So glad your marine is home safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Sounds like you have been working really really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my scales are crack addicts! None of them ever have the same weight.

    I don't think I could go back to school. I'm in awe of you!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete