I'm loving every minute of it. Except for the fact that I can't seem to find the time to leisurely sit in front of the computer and read and blog and comment. BUT I shall be working that into my schedule. I gotta have some me time, right?
|We won!! 44-19|
Here's my weekly recap:
- On Monday morning: My job title: classroom Spanish teacher.
- By the end of the week:
- District translator
- Informative speaking coach
- Cheer leading co-sponsor
- Photo journalist
- Sports columnist
- As soon as my first article is published I will link it!!!
- Football tunnel hauler
- Homecoming parade float puller
- I'm sure I've forgotten something...
- I am loving the fact that in my third year at my wonderful school I am now being asked to "do stuff!" I guess that means that they trust me!! I love being involved in more that just classroom education. I mean, yes, that is very important. But it's not the only aspect of education.
- Oh yeah, add cosmetologist to the list. Yes, I do hair on the side. Need a funky side braid?? Come see me!!! Or need your "edge" fixed....yep, I'm the woman for the job!!!
- Good news, with being busy is there is not time for mindless snacking. Several times this week lunch was half of a lunchable. =)
- AND huge NSV: when shopping for a new Friday night football shirt I bought a LARGE!!! First time since probably late elementary, early middle school that I wore a T shirt that didn't have an X on the tag!!!
- Oh, and I wore shorts Friday. On the sidelines. In front of several thousand people.
- AND I got a text saying, "Hey girlfriend! I didn't even recognize you on the sidelines. Looking like Malibu Barbie!" **I love my former students!!**
- And, the scale showed an all-time low. I even entered a new decade, but unfortunately it didn't stick around for this morning's weigh-in.
- One negative thing for the week. Sanford has a little jealousy issue. It's really silly, IMO. When at football games I see a lot of former students. This year's recent graduates are a group I am especially close to. I had them for two years. So, it is natural for me to hug them when I see them. Sanford no likey. But you know what? I'm gonna hug my kiddos!!!
Oh, let me show you the latest craze. You know I'm that hip and cool that I can keep all of you ladies up to date on the latest trends. AND after you watch this video I totally expect to see pics and videos of these moves from Chicago!!
Imagine a group of big, bad football players doing this. EVERYWHERE...in class...in the hall...on the FIELD!!! Hilarious!! (And it is a shame that they are a generation that missed out on Weekend at Bernies!!)
AND my plan is to start back at the track this week. Oh, and did I tell you that my new BFF Zumba instructor/co worker is starting a class next week??? AND some of us teachers are going to start weight training after school??? WOOT!!
*Earworm: A song that sticks in your mind and won't leave no matter what.