- School started Tuesday!! I am so grateful for my parents and their never-ending support. Without them, I would not have been able to start this semester!!
- I am eventually going to become and RN, but I'm starting out focusing on my LVN.
- Hopefully it will only take me 3-4 long semesters to complete my degree. That depends on how much I can take in the summer/mini sessions.
- I really enjoy learning. Nerd.
- Speaking of being a nerd, when I got my textbooks on Friday, I immediately began reading my A&P text, outlining the first chapter, making flash cards and visual aides. Sanford has really given me grief about this!!
- During Tuesday's lab I was the only one taking "notes" regarding cell phone/tardy policies. And of course the prof pointed that out to the class, asking for a copy of my notes. NERD.
- College-life has changed so much since I graduated with my BA in 2004. Everything is online: assignment submission, syllabi, so on and so on.
- Since I'm going to college in the same town where I taught high school for the first four years of my teaching career, I am getting a lot of strange looks from former students. None of them have had the guts to talk to me yet!!
- College life and my scales are really digging each other. I'm not sitting at home, so I'm not snacking. And when I am at home I am too busy being nerdy to think about eating!!
- I am taking a Nutrition class. The prof is a year younger than me....but I think *hope* I will get a lot out of the class. Our "Critical Thinking Project" for the semester is log our food intake on www.choosemyplate.gov and e-mail the results of a 3 day span to the prof. Kinda cool!!
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Ten Things Thursday
With school starting this week, my life again has "meaning and purpose" and I thought I would blurb out some of my thoughts bullet-style. Being Thursday, I will just jump on the 10 things Thursday Bandwagon!!!