Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I've Got a "filling"

Yesterday was FILL DAY!!!! It was completely painless....I actually felt the saline going in. It felt really weird!!! Then I had to do the oh - so - yummy barium swallow test!!! It was kind of cool seeing it go down on the x-ray. I drank my water and off I went. (I got 4cc's and found out I have a 10 cc band)
I got home and drank my evening coffee...then I started feeling crummy =( I had only had 1 protein shake all day so I think I was just "hungry." I sipped on some vegetable beef broth and went for a walk. I only walked 2 miles because I just wasn't feeling great. I came home, had a little bit of a protein shake and went to bed.
I woke up this morning - LATE - and didn't drink any coffee. I had a couple of protein shakes during the day and then tonight I made a smoothie with a Special K shake with ice and a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was delicious!!!! My walking partner was back today and we walked 3 miles. I love how I feel after I've walked!!!
I only have about 3 and a half weeks left until school starts. I think I am actually ready!!! I miss my kiddos and my co-workers. AND I miss having a routine. I am spending this summer taking care of my elderly grandparents...but it's a lot of sitting and I get bored!! On the upside, I do have all of my lesson plans done for the first six weeks!!!
My next fill is scheduled for August 16th. I am so glad I made the decision to have surgery. Everyday I get compliments from people - after only 25 (the official weight loss according to my surgeon's scale) pounds down!! I'm feeling better every day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Getting those fills feels slightly surreal, huh? And you always feel a little shell shocked after. Congrats on how well you're doing.

    ReplyDelete