Friday, June 24, 2011

First post from my phone!

Ok, here goes nothing! I am attempting to post this from my phone...it may not work...we shall see!!
I am at my grandparents' house today. They are both elderly and need 24 hour care. I spent my entire summer with them last year and I enjoyed every minute of it! Of course, when I went back to school they found a full time sitter - but I fill in when she needs off. It is an adjustment from my normal routine - they are very old-fashioned!! They didn't have air conditioning until Grandpa had a stroke. They have a few window units but it is a fight to get them turned on...too much money!! And the bathroom is outside!! Not an outhouse or anything...it was built on the back porch :) It's my own personal little house on the prairie!! I love it here. It's where I was raised.
This afternoon I will be loading the truck and heading north with the hubby and our three babies. There's nothing like peace and relaxation at the lake.

I did make it into town yesterday. I picked up some Jillian Michael's protein shake mix (I will try them tomorrow) and a new set of scales. I finally moved up into the 21st century and got a digital one!!!
Now let's see if I can get this to post!!
Have a wonderful afternoon and thank you all for being an inspiration and helping me on fighting!! You are the bomb.com!!!


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy time with your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting with my grandparents, it's so rewarding... sounds like you're doing all the good, Miss Jessica!

    Have tons of fun at the lake this weekend, be sure to have lots of photos for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me, looking forward to reading your blog :) Dani

    ReplyDelete