I also wanted to do a little blog on how this past year has changed my life!!
- First off, obviously losing over 100 pounds is the BIG change!!!
- I went from wearing a size 26/28 to a 16. (Sometimes I can wear a 12/14 or 8/10 in knit shorts!!)
- My bra size went from 42DD to 38D. (I was kinda depressed that the girls were disappearing...but I'm good with it now!!)
- I have collarbones!!! And hip bones!! And wrist bones!!! And when I lay down I can see the outline of my ribs!!
- I can RUN!!! For short distances...but I can do it and it feels good!!
- I wore a dress to work at the end of school. I would have never done that a year ago. I got a lot of comments on my "tan and tone" legs...LOL
- I haven't eaten any pasta, rice, or soft bread (I occasionally eat croutons on my salad or a piece of crusty garlic bread - but most of the time that bothers me so I avoid it!) or drank a soda in a year. I don't miss any of it!!
- I stood on the sidelines during football season with the entire stadium looking at me every Friday night with my head held high. CONFIDENCE!!!
- I came out of my shell at work. I made friends - great friends!!!
- I take pride in getting "dolled up" now.
- I took Zumba and danced my little a-rhythmic heart out.
Here's a question: I was told (by some women getting a fill at my one week post-op appointment) that we (bandsters) aren't supposed to drink from a straw. I've never directly asked my surgeon...I can never remember to ask...but was that in anyone else's guidelines??? Just wondering!!! It's hard to go to Sonic and get a tea and have to take the lid off and NOT spill!!!
Now I'm on to my list-making. We are going to the lake for the weekend. Peace and relaxation with a little fishing thrown in!!! It's my own piece of heaven!!!
|Toledo Bend. My home away from home!!|