Friday, July 1, 2011

All that without the butt crack

Oh yeah!! 

I just single-handedly fixed our toilet!!! For over a year there has been a constant trickle in the potty. It was enough to drive you batty!! The hubby - who is great and awesome and wonderful - never seemed to find the time to fix it. So, picture this:

I'm sitting on the bathroom counter inspecting my face - suddenly I'm hitting puberty. Icky pimples. As I'm staring at my pores in the bathroom mirror the sound of the trickly toilet is getting on my last nerve.

So, I take the lid off the tank...inspect the inner workings. I compose a theory - it has to be that ball thingy on the rod that is making the water trickle through. So...I go to the second bathroom - we never use it - take the ball thingy on the rod off (and wedge a piece of Styrofoam under the whatcahmacallit to stop the water from running.) I put in on our toilet -
 shazaam!! 

I make the entire situation 10x worse!!! So then I decide it's the whatchamacallit that is the problem so I put a tampon - yes, a tampon under the whatchamacallit to stop the water from flowing, run to the back bathroom, get THAT whatchamacallit (after spending 10 minutes looking for a screw driver) turn off the water to that toilet and put it on our toilet.
VOILA!!
No more trickle!!


I blame these escapades on the fact that I got two hours of sleep last night. Insomnia + old episodes of SVU kept me up 'til 3:30. Sleep deprivation = super plumber!!! Oh yeah!!!! 


Happy Friday, ladies!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!!

    I love that you used a tampon, way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. Just Hilarious.

    Us girlies have to do it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!! I love it....no butt crack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I have no idea what just happens - but you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used a tampon!! Hahaha! I'm so proud of you for fixing it, I wouldn't begin to be brave enough to even take the tank cover off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Super-plumber!! Next think you know you'll have wrenches with pink handles!!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get you! Can you come and look at our downstairs toilet, it does that all the time and drives me mad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! I wonder if all plumbers carry tampons as part of their kit?!

    ReplyDelete