Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy bee meets creative...genius??

My Barney-mates-with-a-zebra classroom theme is coming together quite nicely!! I only get to work for short bursts in my classroom - between inservice meetings. But my vision is coming together. Tonight I flexed my creativity..here's the progression and end result.


Before: Nekkid poster

Step 1: Green accent

Final result: zebra accent
Of course Sanford asked a million questions,
  • "That's it?"
  • "You aren't going to put something at the bottom?"
  • "Why don't you go all the way around?"
After telling him what body part he could smooch...lol. No, really he was just picking as usual.

Personally, I think that little bit of accent will make it "pop" =) If, you can get over the fact that "Miss Bolivia" is extremely freaky!!!

I now have day 2 behind me. And after taking a forbidden peek at my rosters I found out that I will have 150-ish students this year!!! In a high school that has about 300 students!!! EEK!! But, I wouldn't have it any other way. They have asked me before if I thought they should hire an additional Spanish teacher (I am the only one) and I said NO WAY JOSE!! I don't want to share my babies!!

On the band-front....my eating during the day is on point. For example, today, while everyone was shoving donuts and kolaches in their pie-holes I was being a good girl and eating my Greek yogurt!!! BUT when I got home I had a late night snack of frosted mini wheats. Ugh. Gotta break that habit and pronto. (My scale does NOT like the late night munch fests!!!)


Tomorrow I am dressing "cute" because it's picture day!!! Wooo hoooo. If I'm not running too late (and so far this week I've been early every day...all two of them!!) I will get good old Sanford to snap a pic!!!

Until tomorrow ladies...keep on keepin' on.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes ! A first day of school photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the accent piece!

    I do have a question though. With 150 students, do you feel that you can give them the attention they really need? I always worry about with the overcrowding of the schools if teachers are overwhelmed by having so many students and if they miss being able to give some individualized attention to them. Sorry to get off topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl eating that Greek yogurt! :)

    And I think the pop o' color is super cute.

    Can't wait to see the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. the picture looks great. good job with your eating

    ReplyDelete
  5. love green and love zebra print... hence, love ur idea ;) Awesome job with the eating too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, Miss Bolivia is really scaring the shit out of me. Gotta go.

    Just kidding. I like it! I think it'll look great!

    ReplyDelete