Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weigh-in

I hauled my creaky old body out of bed this morning for my weigh-in. I was pleasantly surprised at the number I saw. After last weekend's birthday extravaganza (yeah, I ate ALL the icing off of my cake...) the scale JUMPED to 225. I was mortified!!! So, I worked it for the rest of the week!! I don't think I've been in the 2-teens since junior high!!!

I went to the doctor Friday - strained lower lumbar. It's one of those injuries that can be brought on by bending over to picke up a pencil. My lovely old-school doctor told me to take Ibuprofen. Yeah, that wasn't working to begin with. So, needless to say, I'm still hurting. It's gotten better...but I'm not up to snuff yet. Which means no working out.

THEN, to top things off, I contracted a frackin' stomach virus. I was so freaked out, because I've only vomited once since being banded. I guess it was a 24 hour bug or something because there's no nausea this morning.

Adding insult to injury, Chris pulled a muscle in his back yesterday while working outside. Two gimps in one house makes things interesting around here. We are falling apart at the seams!!!!

Quick, go kiss a puppy or something to get away from my pathetic post!!!




5 comments:

  1. So thrilled about your loss Jess! Very sorry to hear about all the back and muscle problems though in your house. Get better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New low is awesome.
    I always kiss my puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo on the loss!

    If I was closer to my puppy I'd totally give him kisses. I will do it when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete